There has occasionally been some concern regarding the proliferation of posts with little value - those that are off-topic, contain nothing but insider jokes or “agreed” and do not contribute to the discussion.
Please, before you post, keep the following things in mind:
1. Would your post add to the value of the thread? Would it answer someone’s question, or contribute to the furthering of the discussion?
2. Would your post derail the thread? Will it take it off-topic in a manner that is inappropriate?
3. Would your post go against any of our community guidelines?
4. Is your post one that could classify you as a troll? Is it flamebait?
5. Does your post attack anyone, either directly or indirectly, in a personal nature?
Helpful hint: Answer to question one should be ‘yes’, answers to questions 2-5 should be ‘no’. If you don’t pass the litmus test, your post is more than likely not appropriate for Thorn Tree and will be dealt with appropriately by the moderation team.