Due to the amount of content, maps and images, some of the Lonely Planet eBooks are quite large files. As such, you may experience some problems if an eBook is not correctly downloaded and/or fully loaded before you try to use it. Here are a few tips to avoid such issues.
- Ensure that the eBook is fully downloaded to your device. It is important that the eBook is completely installed on your device before you try to open it. This may take a few minutes due the size of the files, so please be patient. If you are experiencing problems purchasing an eBook directly from your device (using wifi), we recommend you purchase the eBook via your computer, and then connect your computer to your device to transfer.
- Wait for the eBook to fully load before flipping through the pages. When you open or launch an eBook it takes a little time to load. It is important that you wait for the eBook to completely load before interacting with the product. Keep in mind that the eBook will also need time to reload if you move the device from portrait to landscape (or vice-versa), or if you change the font size.
- Ensure you have the latest software installed on your device. Be sure to check that you have the latest eReader software (or app) installed on your device. For example, if you are looking at an eBook purchased on the Apple iBookstore, ensure you have the latest version of iBooks installed on your iPad.
- Clear the iBooks cache. If you experience a crash when using iBooks, be sure to also clear the iBooks cache. To do this simply:
- Exit iBooks on the iPad/iPhone and go to the home screen
- Double-click the home button to open the multitasking which will appear at the bottom of the screen
- Find the iBooks app icon and hold down until it shakes
- You'll notice a red circle with a white stripe. Simply tap the circle to remove the app icon from the multitasking bar to clear the cache
- Go back to the home screen and touch the iBooks app icon to access your library again
If you have already installed an eBook and are experiences problems, remove the eBook from the device and then reinstall ensuring you follow the steps above. If you are still encountering problems please contact us.
Still have some questions, queries and comments? We’d love to hear from you. Simply contact us.