Our writers choose new listings for each guidebook edition and content update, and are entirely responsible for deciding which businesses and attractions to include each time. If you've been listed in a past edition of a guidebook or on our website, that is no guarantee that you’ll be included in future editions.
Omission from our guidebooks or website does not necessarily infer that our writers believe a business is not up to the required standard for listing - we have limited space in our guidebooks and we're unfortunately unable to include every great business.
Following are some of the reasons why a writer may have decided not to include a business that was listed in the previous edition:
- Writer believes that the standards have declined since last visit
- A change in priorities meaning that more pages are devoted to other areas, or other types of businesses
- New businesses have opened since the previous edition or have improved their own standards
- Writer believes that a business is no longer suited to the needs of our readers
- Feedback from our readers
- We no longer list that specific type of business or attraction in our content at all
Due to the large numbers of listings in all our products, we're unable to provide exact reasons why a specific business was not listed by our writers.
To be considered by our writers for future editions, please complete the Business Suggestions form. We’ll make sure that this information is made available to the relevant writers for their consideration when they are working on the next edition.